Friday, June 1, 2012

"...an idle people,

 full of mischief and subtlety, and did seek in the wilderness for beasts of prey."

I've been idle lately, and for that I apologize. I was putting off updating this (over and over again) because it takes me four to six hours to compose a decent post. But really, you don't need to have a dissertation prepared just to let your poor elderly mother know you're still alive. Hi Mom!

I'm going to be moving next week... off to the wilderness of Northern Idaho. Hopefully at some point there I will in fact seek for beasts of prey, they are yummy. Right now I'm making bread, washing dishes, and seriously considering taking a shower... I don't need to end up like the Lamanites in 1 Ne 12:23 who "became a dark, and loathsome, and a filthy people". If LeAnna walked in the door right now, she's probably take one whiff and declare me an honorary Lamanite... I must admit, I haven't showered all month.

In any case, I'm alive and reasonably well, looking forward to getting away from civilization (but not too far... I need my internet!), and I still have food to eat and a great many people who enjoy my company just because I'm me. All of which is far more than I deserve, and I'm not nearly grateful enough for it, but I try. Some days... if I remember.

Love to all, and to all a good night.

1 comment:

  1. I hit a wrong key and the comment here vanished and it re-posted my comment I had made on the next post, oh well!

    Hooray for dissertationless posts to cheer up little old grey haired ladies! On NO! Not all month!!! What Have you been doing all 27* minutes of June??? (*at the time you posted) What WILL people think?!?
    What Clever people to enjoy you just because you are you, you do that Very well ;-Þ
    Better than anyone else.
    So hurry up and have it be Thursday! Then we can pick you up and sweep you away - to the garage. What?! You will have lots of practice and I know where my tape is! OK, so I have lots of plans that do NOT include stuff in the garage you might want to have in ID. The basil and cilantro JC2 and I planted are up and the tomato and mint are still alive, the snap dragons are still trying to die...
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete