Monday, June 11, 2012

"And it came to pass that on the morrow,

after we had prepared all things, much fruits and meat from the wilderness, and honey in abundance, and provisions according to that which the Lord had commanded us, we did go down into the ship, with all our loading and our seeds, and whatsoever thing we had brought with us,"

The nice man at the truck rental place did not have a 10 foot moving van... so we got the 14 foot truck for the same price! The gas will doubtless cost a few dollars more, but it was so easy to load that I am perfectly happy with it. Two brothers from Elder's Quorum and a Teacher and a Priest helped us move the boxes into it... even with all my worldly possessions (save this computer) packed into it, the truck is still mostly empty.

My darling mother (and most excellent Nephew JCDII) came up from Lakewood to help me move. So far they have been lots of fun and a big help. Even LeAnna loves JCDII... so that's good. I took a bit of a road trip to say "goodbye" to my family in the area, even my Dad came up from Portland to (pick up his dog my sister was babysitting) see me off!

So far my room echoes more than I had remembered from moving in, and my nose is running away from all the dust and particles thrown up by the move. Not many people can honestly say they are "allergic" to moving, but I can! My favorite brother JonE is Elder O'Gara, and in the MTC... so I didn't see him... but I'm sure he's well.  His last letter to us said the food at the MTC is "getting old"... so I know he's ready to go.

Tomorrow in the morning I climb into the truck and drive away to Elk City ID... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment